Our People Artists, entrepreneurs, makers, designers, producers, nonprofits and more
Phase I opened in late 2017 to include 75 studios on three of our five floors. In March 2021, third floor was renovated to add 58 more spaces. Studios are sharable, bringing our current tenant total to over 135 creative professionals who represent over 35 disciplines. Join our monthly free party and meet our artists every First Friday from 4:00 - 8:00 pm.
James Bearden Sculpture
JJ Gaffers Hand Blown and Stained Glass Art
- About: Jesse Bogenrief relocated his studio from Spencer, Iowa. He and Jesse Ahrendsen create a wide variety of blown glass and torch work. Visit their studio for gifts, custom work, demonstrations and classes.
- Workshops Available
- : jjgaffers.com
- : @jjgaffer
- : @jjgaffers
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 515-745-3319
Kyle Kirwan Designer Toys
Sometimes Furniture Furniture, Fabrication, and Design
Ryan Topete Multimedia
- About: From Sioux City, Iowa, Ryan was the 2018 Drake University Department of Art & Design Alumni Studio Artist Fellow at Mainframe. Third Space DSM commissioned him to create a mural on East 14th in Des Moines, where he set out to evoke the culture of the neighborhood in a way that the whole community could enjoy.
- : @ryantopete_art
- : email@example.com
Chris Vance Painting
- About: Chris Vance is best known for his vibrant exterior wall murals throughout the metro Des Moines area. His painting is greatly influenced by graffiti and skateboards artists, and he believes that ideas are an “internal ingestion, and the art is the medium of the expression.”
- : chrisvanceart.com
- : @chrisvanceart
City Sounds Nonprofit
- About: The creators of Des Moines' Public Piano Project. City Sounds strives to transform the Des Moines community culture through music, animating common spaces and making artistic creation accessible to all.
- : citysoundsdsm.org
- : @citysoundsdsm
- : @dsmpianos
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 515.244.2771 x 204
Mainframe Studios Nonprofit Office
The Blok DSM Fine Art Supplies
#103 & #109
Community Support Advocates Nonprofit / Momentum Art Studio
- About: Momentum provides free art opportunities to adults with disabilities, including an annual juried art competition and exhibition as well as art workshops offered throughout the year. Momentum continues to grow, and we are now offering studio space and mentorship programs. Get inspired with CSA’s Momentum Art Program.
- : teamcsa.org
- : @csa_dsm
- : email@example.com
- : 515-669-4821
Diane Kunzler Painting
#111 & #112
KFMG 98.9 FM Nonprofit // Radio Station
- About: KFMG-LP is a Low Power community radio station, broadcasting to the city of Des Moines, and suburbs. KFMG operates as "Your Community Voice" and actively assists a broad spectrum of central Iowa non-profit groups and organizations to inform residents about opportunities with specific emphasis on the local music community, the human services community, and the downtown community.
- : kfmg.org
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 515-244-4145
Civic Music Association Nonprofit
- About: World-class chamber and jazz music is what defines the Civic Music Association of Des Moines. Our mission has remained consistent for over 90 years: To engage, enrich, and educate the central Iowa community through provocative, world-class musical performances by legends and rising stars.
- : civicmusic.org
- : @civicmusic
- : @CivicMusicAssociation
- : @civicmusic
- : email@example.com
- : 515.280.4020
Bloq Boi Ent. Music Production
Des Moines Music Coalition Nonprofit // Music Management & Promotion
- About: The DMMC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and collaborative movement committed to building a stronger and more diverse music community in greater Des Moines. Through our mission to support and cultivate Iowa’s music economy, our vision is to establish and maintain Des Moines as a nationally recognized music city.
- : desmoinesmc.com
- : @desmoinesmc
- : @DesMoinesMusicCoalition
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Red Door Press Letterpress Print Shop and Design Studio
- About: Adam and Tammy Winn operate their print shop with a focus on preserving the wonderful history of letterpress printing. They specialize in using hand-set type to make posters, cards, invitations, stationery, and other custom goods. Workshops and print demos available.
- : thereddoorpress.com
- : @reddoorpress
- : @thereddoorpress
- : email@example.com
- : 515-664-7257
The Big Room Event Rental Venue
Alfelino Feliciano Photography
- About: Alfelino Feliciano is a commercial, fashion and product photographer with over 20 years of experience creating images for clients ranging from small jewelry designers to international companies. His wide range can be tailored for anything from social media to national advertising campaigns.
- : alfelino.com
- : @photoalf
- : @Alfelino-Feliciano-Photographer-100268105508072
The Tangerine Food Co. Mainframe Exclusive Caterers
Right Right Now Now // Domestica Risograph Print Lab
Jude Goldman Commercial / Fine Art Photography, Painting, Fermentation.
Jon Lemons Photography
Nekia Whitfield Fashion Design
Laura Wilkens Interdisciplinary Designer
- About: Laura designs web user interfaces and experiences. Laura has a deep background in graphic and motion design, and photography. In her personal creative journey, she is expressing herself through abstract and figurative painting, illustration and 3 dimensional works.
- : LauraWilkensDesign.com
- : @lauralwilkens
- : Wilkens.firstname.lastname@example.org
Valerie Carr Urban Couture Photography
- About: Valerie's pleasure is not only to create your portrait but to give you the experience of an amazing, contemporary, fashion-inspired photoshoot! We showcase your style and individuality in our personal branding sessions. She celebrates the connection between loved ones in our couples and family sessions. Now, how would you like to be photographed?
- : urbancouturephotography.com
- : @urbancouturephotography
- : @urbancouturephoto
- : email@example.com
- : 5152778191
SISTERS BOHÈME BEAUTY Professional makeup artistry
Paper Garden Workshop Garden design
Ward Creative Studios Photography
- About: As a Life's Milestones photographer, what I truly love is the ability to capture such beautiful, intimate moments within the family unit. While I currently photograph Headshots, Senior portraits, etc., my specialties are Engagement, Wedding, Maternity, Newborn, and Family photography.
- : wardcreativestudios.com
- : @wardcreativestudios
- : @wardcreativestudios
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
Jody Valentine Mixed Media
Design Fetish by Deshara Wreaths and Decor
Dylan Huey Huey Photography
Designed by the Streets Clothing Design
Maggie Gulling Photography
Julia Franklin Mixed Media
- About: Julia Franklin, a collector and collaborator, uses found objects to tell the stories about the things we leave behind. Her mixed media works and installations, which are rooted in nostalgia and multi-sensory experiences, memorialize key people, places, and moments.
- : juliafranklinart.com
- : @juliafranklinart
- : @juliafranklinart
- : email@example.com
Brittany Brooke Crow Photography
- About: Brittany Brooke Crow’s art explores intimacy, vulnerability, distance and disruption, and the performative action necessary to create the image is an inherent part of the content of her work. As a photographic artist, Crow also specializes in fine-art and performance documentation.
- : brittanybrookecrow.com
- : @brittanybrookecrow
- : @brittanybrookecrow
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
Suzanne Corum-Rich Photography
Patrick Leer Painting
Claire Sedovic Illustration | Design
Maddy Fusco Illustration
- About: Maddy Fusco in an illustrator specializing in detailed linework and bright flat colors. She often portrays objects and scenes grounded in reality but through an otherworldly and playful lens.
- : maddyfuscoillustration.com
- : @maddyfusco
- : @MaddyFuscoIllustration
- : email@example.com
Andrew Clarridge Painting
- About: My hand-made work consists of wood-burning, acrylic paint, colored pencil and charcoal on wood panel. My digital pieces are created through modifying images of my hand-made work, or they are generated from scratch. Visually my work centers around creating matrices of color fields and line work, then breaking apart and piecing them back together.
- : clarridgeart.com
Volk Images LLC Photography
Gold Creek Game Development
- About: Gold Creek is a studio built upon a foundation of seasoned developers. When they aren't busy working on their own games, they make games for their clients! Are you a game developer looking for work? Well you are in luck, because they're hiring!
- : goldcreekgames.com
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 417-353-4181
Nick Lapole Mixed Media
Title Fight Graphic Design and Printing
Estuary Motion Studios Cinematography
515 Prints Printing and Graphic Design
- About: All orders are custom made for each customer. Fast turn-around. 515 Prints works closely with you to create an awesome product for your business or personal use. In-house design available. Some of our favorite products to print are: personalized masks, fine art prints, large photo prints, invitations, business cards, carbonless forms, t-shirts, canvas bags, restaurant menus, gift certificates, etc... Bring your ideas!
- : @515prints
- : @515prints
- : email@example.com
One DSM Branding
ArtForce Iowa Nonprofit
Kim Goldberg Mixed Media
- About: Kim is an artist, graphic designer, and art director with 25+ years of experience. A graduate of the San Francisco Art Institute in 1995, she uses mixed media, experimental and conceptual practices to remain open to materials, tools, and technology that support the expression of an idea or feeling.
- : kimgoldberg.com
- : @kimgoldberg
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
Ink and Oak Calligraphy Calligraphy and Hand-Lettering
Owen Design Graphic Design
Sabrina Carper Mixed Media
Pam Hibbs Painting
Alyssa Tauber Printmaking
Love Life Collective Dance Studios
- About: Love Life Collective is a community-oriented lifestyle studio where the individual chooses their unique movement medicine. We offer a range of holistic services, therapeutic movement, pole, dance, and expression. Love Life Collective welcomes all movers, dancers, aerialists, yogis and extended community members regardless of background, body type, skill level, or skin color.
- : lovelifecollectivestudios.com
- : @lovelifecollectivestudios
- : @lovelifecollectivestudios
Seso Marentes Mixed Media
Michael Wilson Painting
- About: Michael Wilson is a representational oil painter inspired by classical drawing and painting. Wilson is primarily a figure painter but offers his small "studies" of all subjects completed in pencil, gouache and oil.
- : michaelwilsonart.com
- : @michaelwilsonartstudio
- : @MichaelWilsonArt
- : email@example.com
Sarah Rose Studio Chalk Pastel and Painting
Justin Nostrala Painting
Pi 515 Non-Profit
Firat Erdim Artist
- About: Fırat Erdim is an artist and educator. His work has been exhibited nationally and internationally.
- : firaterdim.net
Don Stinson Landscape Painter
- About: People's initial ideas about landscape paintings are that the less human influence, the more natural it is. In reality, we are part of the landscape not apart from it. My work always involves showing the impact we have on the environment around us.
- : donstinson.com
Kristian Day Media Filmmaking & Screenwriting
Ryan Damman Photography Photography
- About: The art of photography fascinates me. Creating art like this for my clients is what I am passionate about. Getting to know awesome people, earning their trust, celebrating their joy with them while we create photographs, and delivering one-of-a-kind custom heirloom albums and photographic prints is the most exhilarating process. I would be honored to put my passion for photography to work for you.
- : ryandammanphotography.com
- : @ryandammanphotography
- : @ryandammanphotography
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 515-971-0567
Jeff Klisares Painting
Natasha Petrosova Painting
Cameron Sadeghpour Photography & Fine Handmade Knives
- About: Crafted by a single artisan using a mix of traditional and modern techniques, Cameron's sporting and outdoor tools are a blend of science, artistry, tradition and passion. In a world of mass production and digital assets, these knives are reminders of handmade quality and practical function.
- : lostplanetforge.com
- : @lostplanetforge
- : email@example.com
- : 515-490-0932
Matt Kargol Sculpture, Multidisciplinary Artist
- About: I work from the aspect of communicating in the absence of written or verbal language, accessing the limbic part of the brain, beyond the thinking consciousness. I attempt to create universal access to experiencing my work, outside of personal, national, ethnic identity in a variety of media.
- : matthewkargolart.com
- : @matthewkargol
- : @matthewkargolart
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Kargol Mixed Media Paintings
- About: I create individual parts out of papers, fabrics, and threads- treasures and points of interest to my eyes in one way or another- and I assemble them together. Layering these "dots" with other individual pieces and parts with threads and creating unique narratives and compositions is my poetry, my voice.
- : sarahkargolart.com
- : @sarahkargol
- : email@example.com
Jacksen Kargol Drawing/ Printmaking
- About: Doodling is something done while one's concentration is on something else, conversely, my concentration is on doodling while life happens around me. I find the act of moving the pen, the sound it makes on the paper, a meditative practice. I immerse myself, in the polished lines of my drawings.
- : jacksenkargol.wixsite.com
- : @rancypantcy
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sara Boesen (Wohler) SJ Fine Art Conservation
Lauren Pesta Mixed Media
Levi Robb Mixed Media
- About: Levi Robb’s work explores the entanglement of person and context — time and atmosphere. With a focus on material culture and the formal objectivity of place, the work is influenced by human interface with the environment, landscape, and artifact.
- : levirobb.com
- : @levi.robb
- : email@example.com
Mickey Carlson Painting
- About: Carlson's work reflects her fascination of the landscape around and within us, with a focus on the human face and figure. Expressive drawing and painting are an adventurous way to explore art history and various media.
- : Mcarlson150@gmail.com
Amenda Tate Interdisciplinary Artist
- About: Amenda Tate is a socially-engaged interdisciplinary artist recognized for employing technology to produce community-driven kinetic paintings using her “Manibus” machine. Amenda is exploring ways to amplify her performances that prioritize accessibility, participation and the act of witnessing to bridge societal divides, break down barriers and build empathy.
- : amendatate.com
- : @amendatate
- : @AmendaTateArtist
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
Laura Nichole Photography Photography
- About: Laura Nichole is a wedding photographer, focused on capturing authentic and timeless moments of people in love. She creates an experience that allows you to be your truest and most confident self in front of the camera.
- : lauranichole.com
- : @lauranicholephotography
- : @Laura-Nichole-Photography-140039506097489/
- : email@example.com
Ben Schuh Painting, Murals
Josh Sorrell Painting
John Ravet Art for the Walls and for the Wearing
- About: I'm a multi-disciplinary fiber artist producing contemporary reinterpretations of global textile traditions including weaving, knitting, needle arts, dyeing, and felting utilizing fibers sourced across six continents as well as modern, non-traditional materials.
- : @john_ravet_fiber_arts
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
SuttonsCreations, LLC Visual Artist
Matthew Corones Painting, Mixed Media
Purple Raven Jewelry
Brian Moses, Daniel Christudoss Woodwork
Stuart Arts Painting
- About: Ted Stuart is president of Architectural Arts, serves on the board of the Greater Des Moines Public Art Foundation and creates abstract and figurative paintings.
- : email@example.com
Heartland Studio Painting
- About: Gary Hoff has been an artist for parts of six decades, his work is in collections throughout the U.S. Currently he is working on a series of cityscapes in oil. In addition, he blogs at www.papillary.blogspot.com and www.dailydigitalia.com about art, aesthetics, and more.
- : garyhoff.com
- : @hoff_gary
- : @gary.hoff.180
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 515-243-5054
Ben Millett Quilts
Jess Quinn Botanic Oil Painting
Jay Griffith Painting
Wes & Joan Yeoman Multimedia Art and Design
Becca Hickok Drake University's Dept of Art & Design Alumni Studio
Sue Penn Designs Painting, Fabric Design
Waveform Music Recording Studio
- About: Owner Bob Fitch records a wide variety of artists in his professional, 1,300-square-foot custom studio, including demos, albums, podcasts and commercial voice-overs. The studio also hosts intimate concerts, release parties and events.
- : waveformmusic.com
- : @waveformdsm
- : @waveformdsm
- : @waveformdsm
- : email@example.com
- : 515-650-1715
Emily MacFarland Pottery
- About: Emily MacFarland makes elegant brightly patterned functional pottery. Her work fuses functional everyday pottery with lively brightly patterned paintings. All of her work is handmade on the potting wheel and hand-decorated using her own designs.
- : emilymacfarlandceramics.com
- : @emilymacfarlandceramics
- : @emilymacfarlandceramics
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 515-491-4333
Marion Nehmer Pottery
- About: Marion Nehmer creates functional fine craft ceramic art that is wheel thrown and altered. She looks for inspiration in the human figure and in nature. She uses glazes in warm earthy colors that foster the desire to pick up and handle each piece.
- : marionnehmerpottery.bigcartel.com
- : @marionnehmerpottery
- : @marionnehmerceramics
- : email@example.com
Capital Photography Photography
- About: A Bosnian refugee who served in the Iraq war for the U.S., Mirza picked up a camera and never looked back. He now has as many as 500,000 people viewing his stunning cityscapes. Mirza received the 2018 Iowa International Center Passport to Prosperity for his capacity to thrive and give back to his community.
- : mirzakudicphotography.smugmug.com
- : @mirzakudic
- : @mirzakudicphotography
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 515-554-2009
Bitty Buttons Children’s Clothing
Lainey Beck Multimedia
Sarah Noll Wilson Leadership Lab
Christine Logli Painting, Portraits
Sheena Thomas Jewlery
Des Moines Arts Festival Nonprofit
- About: The Des Moines Arts Festival produces an annual outdoor festival celebrating arts and culture, provides programming and support to artists and arts organizations, advocates for a “arts first” leadership model, and inspires individuals to find their creative voice.
- : desmoinesartsfestival.org
- : @desmoinesartsfestival
- : @DesMoinesArtsFestival
- : email@example.com
Linda Lewis Exhibit Space
- About: This exhibit space is an extension of Linda’s studio space in Studio 435 and will include her figurative sculptures, functional pottery, prints and mixed media. She will occasionally host other artists work that she thinks will be of interest to art patrons.
Linda Lewis Clay narrative sculptures
- About: Linda Lewis creates figures that reflect her penchant for people and the stories they tell using facial expressions, body positioning and surface treatments. Her recent work explores the hidden parts of us: what we might be thinking, what we’re made up of, and what surprises lay beyond our outward appearance. She has collectors throughout the United States and has exhibited extensively in the Midwest and east and west coasts.
- : lindalewisart.com
- : @lindalewisart
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 515-975-0979
Diane Hayes Clay sculptor
- About: Diane Hayes discovered figurative ceramics after many years as a painter. She now cherishes the process of building from clay. Her current work includes expressive figurative pieces as well as fanciful botanical forms.
- : email@example.com
Judy Goodwin Clay sculptor
- About: After 35 years as an English professor at Grand View University, Judy was ready to exercise her intellect less, her intuition and hands more, so she threw herself into sculpting clay into the human figure.
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
Jen Lawler Designs Jewelry
- About: Jen Lawler has been a metalsmith for over 15 years and loves making contemporary, clean jewelry that is very wearable. Alongside her collection, she creates custom work using silver, gold, and precious gems. Check out her work on etsy at the link below.
- : etsy.com
- : @jenlawlerdesigns
- : @jenlawlerdesigns
- : email@example.com
- : 515-559-4336
ISA MAISA Designer // Clothing & Accessories
Genevieve La Valle Textile and Fiber Arts
KZA LLC Makeup as Art
- About: Makeup is an expression of art and we love to push the boundaries of traditional beauty. KZA offers makeup lessons and appointments. We also created our very own line of vegan & cruelty free cosmetics. We believe in empowering women and hope to make every woman feel like the confident, empowered, boss babe they are!
- : kelsiziemann.com
- : @kelsi.ziemann.artistry
- : @kelsi.ziemann
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Friend Designs Jewelry
Katie Geraty Mixed Media, Jewelry
Gretchen Bohling Designs Clothing Design
- About: Gretchen Bohling Design is a fashion brand promoting sustainability. We create custom garments, offer a collection of handmade garments, provide tailoring services, and teach private sewing lessons.
- : gretchenbohling.com
- : @gretchenbohling
- : @handmadeindesmoines
- : email@example.com
- : 712-830-9461
Jeff Rider Art Painting
Artist X Advocacy Mentorship Program + Jill Wells Art Mentorship + Multimedia
Fueche Vang Painting, Illustrating
Jami Milne Photography
Molly Spain Mixed Media, Design
The Dust Collective Premium Vintage Clothing and Accessories and Handmade Sustainable Garments
Alex Brown Foundation Artist Residency Program
- About: The painter and musician Alex Brown, who exhibited at Feature Inc. in New York and played guitar in the seminal hardcore punk band Gorilla Biscuits, died in 2019. He engaged the viewer with everyday images that emerge out of abstraction. The illusion is essential in his artwork; he took a completely recognizable object and challenged the viewer to see it anew. In 2021, Alex's family and friends, in partnership with Mainframe Studios, launched an impactful residency program to honor Alex's legacy.
- : alexbrownfoundation.org
- : @alexbrownfoundation
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Lovell Photography
Margo Z Nahas Jewelry, Multimedia
Vennessa Sires Painting, Multimedia and Interior Design
- About: Vennessa and Lisa design and stage businesses, realtors and homeowners in the Des Moines Metro. With design backgrounds, they understand the importance of how a space works and flows and how to maximize a home’s potential and your top dollar. Doing this will shorten the amount of time you are on the market. They have an extensive inventory we will use to optimize your homes character and present the home you love in the best possible light.
- : staging515.com
- : SiresRealEstate@gmail.com
- : 515-204-3616
Adam Van Wyk Storyboard Artist
Tyler Walpole Illustration
- About: Tyler has been a valued illustrator in the entertainment industry since the year 2000. His clients include Marvel Entertainment, Wizards of the Coast, Warner Bros Animation, Marvel/Lionsgate, DC Comics, Blizzard, Paizo's Pathfinder, IDW, and Dynamite Entertainment, among many others.
- : tylerwalpole.com
- : @tyler_walpole_illustration
- : @tylerwalpole
Eric Duke Miller Interdisciplinary art, Architecture and Design
- About: Reimagining works from ready-mades and found objects found in nature, history, myth, fiction, science, and the built world. Distorting, enhancing, distressing, refabricating, modifying, folding, deconstructing, and repurposing; producing environments and objects with a surrealistic bent.
- : Ericdukemiller.com
- : email@example.com
- : 631-949-0742
Paige Peterson Photography
- About: Paige's photos are her art. And her camera is her microphone. It’s the tool she uses to communicate. To say something meaningful. It’s a daily adventure and constant privilege. She is so thankful for all those who have trusted her to show you how she sees you. Full of beauty. Full of life.
- : paigepetersonphoto.com
- : @paigepetersonphoto
- : @paigepetersonphotography
- : firstname.lastname@example.org
- : 515-371-7911
Jay Vigon Creative Fine Art, Design
- About: Jay Vigon’s pioneering style led him to become an innovator in field broadcast graphics for television commercials with such clients as AT&T, Diet Coke, Janus Fund and Honda. He moved behind the camera to assume the role of director. Among Jay’s many projects are spots created for Mercedes Benz, Estee Lauder, Seiko watches and Kaiser Permanente, as well as a multi year documentary project based on the life and times of Cesar Chavez.
- : jayvigon.com
- : @jayvigon_artnow
- : @jay.vigon
- : email@example.com
- : 818-406-9994
Brian Duffy Cartoons, Illustration
Numinous Games Game Development